Shipping / Maritime
Advice on legal issues and disputes arising from shipping and maritime including ship finance, chartering contracts, shipbuilding contracts, purchase and sale of vessels, claims of freight damage and more.
1 Ship Sale and Purchase closing attendance Service
- We have a track record of attending more than 100 closing meetings on behalf of foreign clients (buyers and banks) for purchase of ships from Japanese sales and their foreign subsidiaries and many experience with reviewing delivery documents, and assisting in case of any dispute by making proper communication in English with the clients, foreign attorneys, foreign buyers and foreign banks.
- We have at least six attorneys capable of attending delivery closing meeting and responding to frequent changes of delivery schedule which are caused by the recent Covit-19 restriction on crewing schedule.
We are providing the following services:
- Nobuto Yamaguchi working in Tokyo Main Office
- Daiki Yamashita working in Tokyo Main Office
- Norihiro Kudo working in Matsuyama Office based in a city where is close to Imabari city, Hakatajima, Niihama, Hiroshima city
- Ayaka Yamaguchi Matsuyama Office based in a city where is close to Imabari city, Hakatajima, Niihama, Hiroshima city
- Atsushi Inoue working in Tokyo Main Office
- Takahiro Suzuki working in Tokyo Main Office
2 Legal assistants for ships and purchases, drafting and advising of Memorandum of Agreement formed in any types such as Nippon Sale, Norwegian Ships Brokers, LSF and others to assist foreign buyers and their banks and assisting any disputes the under.
3 Legal opinion on ship related contracts governed by Japanese law
4 Legal matters for a ship finance
With many years of experience with ship finance we provide various assistance including documentation of ship finance contracts at reasonable costs.
5 Maritime dispute on arbitration and court cases
We have also had many years of experience in arbitration at TOMAC and Japanese court for maritime dispute to assist various clients.
Listed on Japan Shipping Exchange Inc.